Friday, October 2, 2009

Asians, delirium, and metal detectors.



Alright, so these were all pretty simple pictures to make. For the 1st one, I added Aaron's head to a pan of stir fry because I like cooking, and there is a cuisine called "pan asian." So, since I believe Aaron to look Asian, I added him to the stir fry, making it pan asian. I cut out his head using the cropping tool, then pasted it onto the stir fry, but on a new layer. Then I used the eraser to take away the excess white space and background from the head. Then I used the layer mask to make black transparent and white opaque, to be sure I could get in close to the head and erase everything without chopping off Aaron's head. The tool works very well if you use the airbrush. Then I just added some brown color with the airbrush on Aaron's head and the vegetables to try to make them come together more, which was a total fail.

The 2nd one was very easy. I used curves under the colors section to change the colors of the picture I took of the lake I live on. I found that making about 5 large waves going upwards with the freestyle section seemed to work the best. It gave me a lot of trippy rainbow colors, while not washing the picture out too much at the same time. You can still somewhat tell that it is a lake.

For the picture of Kristen, I did basically the same thing that I did with the "pan asian" one. I cut out Kristen's head in the same manner and pasted it on, then erased the background. I would like to note that I do not believe that Kristen is morbidly obese in the slightest, but this picture of the man looking for stuff in the sand was the only one that would work with the picture I chose of her face. After I added her head in, I had to airbrush the body of the huge tourist to at least make it the same skin tone. I also added a little bit more hair going down the left side of her face because the original picture had a big clump of neck fat, and it looked gross. I chose to do this picture because I know Kristen really wants to someday use a metal detector.

No comments:

Post a Comment