Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sunglasses




Yeah, so a very random picture of me. It doesn't look like much but it took a long time. I think I was working with five layers--original, desaturated background, colored curtains, sunglasses, sunglasses lenses.

I made a duplicate of the original photo and desaturated the color (contrast and brightness was adjusted. I made the background blurry through the Gaussian blur filter.). Working off of the original, I used the scissor select tool to cut out the sunglasses and then pasted them onto a new layer. I wanted the lenses to be really bright so I scissor selected the lenses and pasted them onto a new layer so I could edit the color separately. The curtains were scissor selected out of the original photo, pasted onto a new layer, and then edited for color (hue and saturation menu).

The really digitalized spots of color on my sweater and the sunglasses were made via the fuzzy select tool; when you click on an area of color it selects everything that is the same color in the surrounding area. I took the color dropper to pick the color that was originally in that area and changed it to make it more vibrant. I then used the paint bucket to fill in the fuzzy select area with the more vibrant color.

I've posted a few different versions of the photo. I'm not really sure what I like best. I tried to focus on keeping the colors similar and subdued so the glasses would pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment