Sunday, October 11, 2009


Ok, so this took ALL week. I started out with a bunch of pictures of each of them in "superhero" poses. I then took each one and erased around them, putting them on a transparent background. Kristyn was already in her black spandex, so her outfit was easy, but Katelyn was not, so I had to erase more of her pants to make it appear a tighter outfit. I then used the brightest yellow and filled in where Kate was getting hit by the most light and them darkened/faded away. I then used the cartoon filter on them each individually, with a low mask radius and a high percent black.
For the background, I decided to go simple with straight lines. I then found a font generator online to create the text. When I had finished, I used the cartoon filter on the whole background and then added them in on a layer.
I had to play around a lot with the cartoon filter, not wanting to accent their features too much, but still wanting them to look kind of drawn. I realized it worked better with a smaller picture with less details, so before I started editing each picture, I put it into Paint to shrink it. Then, I could be a little less detailed with the edges and it was quicker to save. It literally took all week, every day, but I think I am happy with it!
It came up pretty small, so click on it if you want to see it big.

1 comment:

  1. This is great; it's hilarious and the time you took really shows.

    ReplyDelete