Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Popenguin

I made this logo in a spark of randomness that came upon me. Originally, I had just wanted the penguin but then I thought of what I could add to the penguin to make it better. Then it hit me... Pope Hat! And thus POPEnguin car insurance was born. For the slogan I'm thinking of something like: "Popenguin car insurance. Sure, our company makes no sense. But you know what we know makes sense? Saving money."
As for the design of the logo, I started off using the circle tool for the body, head, eyes, and white belly. For the wings, I created a thin oval and used the wave tool to manipulate it into a wing-like shape, then copied it and rotated the copy to have two identical and symmetrical wings. I used the same method to make the feet. For the beak, I created a triangle and used the shift function to make it more round, then used the wave tool again to form it into more of a beak-shape. The pope hat was drawn completely with the freehand line tool.

7 comments:

  1. That's so ridiculous that it's funny. It's almost as strange as the Gieko commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this thing is awesome. great work with making the penguin, i am jealous of your skill with inkscape

    ReplyDelete
  3. This picture is a win. Everything about it came out really well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this one is really good, i like it alot :D this is a total win

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's so cool i love this carictar ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its almost as if the pope hat was meant for a penguin

    ReplyDelete