Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sun star thingy, AND a trashcan






For the trashcan, I made 2 circles with the circle tool. Then I drew lines to connect them. To get the trashcanish shape, I used the gradient tool. I used gray and white for my colors. Then for the clumps of trash at the bottom I used different forms of the star tool, changing their number of points and occasionally making them look like those little doiley things old ladies put underneath their kettles. This could be a logo for any trash company! Maybe glad, because a glad bag would be nice to keep the trash in.

The sun was pretty easy to do. I started with a red star and changed the number of points to one that seemed high enough to my liking. Then I used the "edit path by nodes" tool to make the points narrower and to slightly warp them to the left or the right. To finish the product, I repeated this for every color of the rainbow. I thought this could be a logo for skittles! Fun fact, if you move the scroll bar up and down infront of the star, it'll look like it is wiggling.

2 comments:

  1. so it may be just because im very easily amused, but if you scroll up and down really fast on that star one it spins. andd i love the randomness of the trashcan. good job! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using the stars for paper was really clever. I like it. They kind of remind me of snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete