Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Funky Logo


I wasn't sure exactly what I was going for (I was having a hard time working Inkscape), but I started playing around with circles and had a lot of fun.

I made a bunch of different colored circles, went to the edited objects icon (next to the text icon on the top bar) where I was able to adjust the fill colors, stoke color and width, and the transparencies of both. I also found the alignment tool which enabled me to put certain items below or above others. I used the wave tool to alter the shapes of the circles. I put a few stars on, altered their shapes, and played with transparency. My final step was putting in a few more circles which I blurred and sent to the very back.

For just kind of going with it, I pretty happy with the overall look. The logo really looks like it would work well with a clothing company.

4 comments:

  1. this is cool. howd you get the shady pinkish background?

    ReplyDelete
  2. waaw it's really impressive but i have qusition how did you drwa that star ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex: The background is simply a circle which I stretched to get a strange shape and then is blurred. The blur option is in the paint menu.

    Abdul: The star is drawn with the star tool. It's on the main tool menu and looks like a star. You can change the number of corners the star has (there's a menu up top) and twist the shape with the mouse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this Katy! The pink background is cool and the whole picture has a nice vibe to it.

    ReplyDelete