Thursday, October 8, 2009

new technique


You can't tell what the image is, but it's irrelevant. I was playing around with the filters, and I found a really neat one that actually curves the image (Fiter-Distorts-Curve Bend). This allows you to actually change the curve of the image by moving the pixels; you are not chopping off any of the picture but are editing the placement of pixels. You want to use that filter with automatic preview turned on, otherwise you can't see what you're doing.

I also tried the Newspaper distort; it turns the colors of the picture into the little dots that make up the images in a newspaper, allowing your eye to blend the colors together. I didn't like how bright the colors were, so I used the hue and saturation tool to desaturate them.

Before I started working I made the image black and white with drastic contrast and brightness edits.

1 comment: