Thursday, October 22, 2009

John Bapst Chess Team !!!!!


This is a logo I made for the chess team! It will hopefully go on some posters I plan on making someday. First, I made a circle. Then I used the checkerboard pattern, but it was too small. So I selected the pattern and enlarged it, and THEN put it in the circle. Next I used calligraphy and tried to make the JB Chess look nice. To fit Chess into one line and still look large I adjusted the thinning and the fixation so it got thinner more often, which also made the h and the s look niftier. And I only did one s and copied it to make it look more consistent and professional. Next I used the pen tool to outline the pawn, and used the node editor to make it more smooth, symmetrical, and curvy. Next I made a circle to give it the bottom. Then I used the 3D edging effect to make it look more 3D. Unfortunately the tool didn't work on the chessboard because it's already black and white so it shades oddly, but it still looks decent in 2D.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. I like the shout out for a John Bapst club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not a club, it is a team! We have worked our grasses off to become the state champions for the last 5 years, I think we deserve the title "team." And thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete