Tuesday, September 8, 2009

City!




This is a picture of a city on the water at night. For this one, I used the straight edge for almost everything. Before I made the city, I used the blend tool to make a background a blending of blue and pink. Then I made a straight line where the water should come up to, and began to make the buildings. After the buildings had an outline I colored them in black. Then I took the paintbrush tool and made straight yellow horizontal lines across the buildings for future windows. I did black vertical lines to separate the lines of yellow to make it appear that lights are on in the buildings. For the water, I couldn't use the blending tool again, [or at least I didn't know how to] so I painted a streak of pink and a streak of blue and smudged them together. I painted in rough outlines of the cities and smudged again, but this time using a different brush to smudge with as opposed to the normal round one. It made the water look more ripply. For the stars and the moon, I just used the airbrush and clicked more times to make certain stars brighter.

7 comments:

  1. I really like how smooth you were able to get both the sky and the water. Even with the blending/smudging tool I wasn't able to blend thing together that cleanly and smoothly. How did you get your lines so straight and smooth with the paintbrush? Mine came out all squiggly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture wins at being an awesome picture. Amazing job with the gradient sky and the buildings. Reflections in the water came out fantastically.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an excellent picture showing how the reflection of an image alters its nature in some way, expression the lack of consistency in the universe on both large and small scales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks doods! :]
    And Katy, for the sky, I didn't use the paintbrush. I used the blend tool located between the pencil and the color fill tool. I selected the two colors I was going to use before hand, because once you choose the color fill tool, it tries to make you use the pre selected colors and not the ones of your choosing.

    ReplyDelete