Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Good Day

To do this picture I started with the sky color and used the fill tool to get a background. I then painted the brighter green over the blue and then used the blur tool on the horizon line to give it a feel of distance. After that i chose the darker green color of the grass and used the "galaxy small" brush and pained over the bright green and then used the smudge tool to bled it together. I used the circle brushes of various sizes to form the river and the lake. I used 3 different colors and smudged them all together to get the feel of depth of the water. I again used the blur tool to make the lake in the background seem distant. I also smudged the bank of the bigger pond into the pond itself. The tree was difficult. I used the ink tool and had to find the right angle of the brush. i started with one angle and drew the trunk of the tree. I then had to pick a green and change the angle multiple times in order to get the look of a pine tree. I used the same tool to draw the shadow below the tree and to draw the reflection in the water. For the reflection i had to carefully smudge in order to keep the tree's reflection visible while making the water part of it. For the clouds i first used a small circle brush and just drew some random swirls and smudged them. For the gray highlights i used the airbrush on a low pressure and used a fade out stroke, which makes one stroke start dark and fade gradually, I then smudged the gray into the white where i thought it looked good.

No comments:

Post a Comment