Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Wheel


I was listening to a John Mayer song called "Wheel" while I was making this picture. I first started with a mixture of blues, purples, and black as the background. I smudged it all together so that it would look real. Then, I added some clouds, but not too much because its nighttime. Then, I moved on to the notes on a different layer. I went online, and found the sheet music of the song, and drew the notes on the lines that I made. Then I added some moonlight. And the yellow at the bottom of the screen is suppose to be like a city glowing, but I dont think that I did a very good job, but I did my best! I added the text with the tool on gimp and just messed with the color and the font.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice. The text is a nice addition to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get the impression of city lights, but to me, the yellow being smudged up towards the moon really gave me the impression of rising up - implying everyone's right to fly! And I like the blending of different medias - text, sheet music, and background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the sheet music. Did you use Shift-Paintbrush to get the lines straight?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, that's exactly what i did. i just made the brush small so that the lines wouldn't be over powering.

    ReplyDelete