Friday, September 11, 2009

Flame


I found out online how to make a really cool flame that looks just like fire, First i made 3 simple lines that were connected. As shown above, its pretty simple, it does not have to be perfect.


Then i used the smudge tool and i moved it up each time to slowly make it look like flames, i did not put a lot into the part so it does not look like flames so far that much.
Finally I went up to colors tab and clicked on color balance. Then I clicked on shadows and put in for Cyan: 100, Magenta 30, and Yellow -30. Then I clicked on midtones and put in for Cyan: 100, Magenta 30, and Yellow -30. Finally i clicked on Highlights and put Cyan as 100 and Magenta as 0 and Yellow as -100.

8 comments:

  1. Cool! It actually works and looks really cool. Thank you for sharing this bit of information with us and giving us the step by step instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you explained this it really helps in the way of making flames and such. I'll be sure to use this tip in my later works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This actually looks like it could be a real fire and it looks relatively easy. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the post Kurt! I'll be sure to remember this when I'm making a picture that requires flames!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This came out reallyyy good. I didn't expect something so simple like the lines to turn into detailed flames like that. The colors are perfect. good job :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's pretty nifty. I completely forgot that Gimp has the same features as Photoshop (color adjust, saturation, contrast). I guess when I think of painting I think of having to create everything by hand, not using the programed features of the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kurt I like the way that you showed the steps from the beginning to end of making the flame. Its a cool trick. I'll be sure to use it if I make a flame picture

    ReplyDelete